Those of you who may be considering having your son or daughter join our McFarland High School Learning Community may want to schedule a visit. I would welcome the opportunity to make arrangements for you and your child to meet with members of our guidance staff, faculty and administration.
Research supports the benefits of high schools with smaller student populations. The learning community of McFarland High School with a student enrollment of 620 offers students a variety of diverse curricular and co-curricular choices in a safe school climate that provides a sense of belonging.
McFarland High School is a North Central Accredited High School with a tradition for excellence. Students choose from a broad range of curricular and co-curricular offerings under a four-period day block schedule. American College Test (ACT) scores are competitive, as are the test results on the Wisconsin Knowledge and Concepts Examination (WKCE). Over the years, McFarland High School has had students with commended, finalist, and scholar distinctions in the very competitive National Merit Scholarship competition.
In addition to a solid core of academic, fine arts, and technical offerings, students are afforded extended learning opportunities. Advanced placement courses, apprenticeship programs (e.g. biotechnology, financial services, printing, health services, automotive technology, tourism, manufacturing plastics and information technology), youth options programs that provide students the opportunity to study at an area technical college or four year college, and at-risk programming are all examples of extended learning opportunities.
As Spartans, you and your child will be connected and have a relationship with the students, parents, faculty, and administration of McFarland High School.
- Best Places to Live in Wisconsin? We're number 5!
- HS Office and Guidance Office Summer Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Work Permits: to obtain a Work Permit, the following information must be brought to the HS office:
- Letter from your employer. Please make sure the employer's address and telephone number are somewhere on the letter.
- Letter from a parent/guardian giving permission for you to be employed by named employer.
- Birth Certificate, Baptismal Certificate or Valid Driver's License with photo.
- Social Security Card.