McFarland School District News
3-15-10 School Board Minutes
Minutes of the School Board Meeting Held March 15, 2010
Meeting called to order by School Board President Arlyn Halvorson at 7:03 p.m. in the School Board Room, McFarland District Office
Present: Arlyn Halvorson, Jim Moeser, Tom Allen, Don Schutt, and Kathy Siegmann.
Administrators Present: Scott Brown, Jeff Mahoney, and Jim Hickey.
Motion by Schutt, second by Siegmann to approve the following consent agenda items:
- Minutes of the March 1, 2010 School Board Meeting
- Approval of General Fund Vouchers #147746 through #148044, #280675 through #280764, and Purchasing Card Transactions dated 1/21/ through 2/20/10
- Professional Staffing Recommendations:
* Increase of Contract: Stephanie Martino, 0.30 to 0.50 FTE MHS Special Education Teacher
Chris Moses, 0.70 to 0.80 FTE Speech/Language Therapist
* New Hires: Kimberly Paskey, 1.0 FTE MHS Long Term Substitute Math Teacher
Brian Utter, 840 hrs/year AV Coordinator
- Co-Curricular Staffing Recommendations:
* New Hires: Jim Kramer, 100% position 2nd Semester IMMS Student Council Faculty Sponsor
Marcus Oldenburg, 5.0% MHS Assistant Girls Soccer Coach
Motion carried 5-0.
Student Council Report – none.
School Board Reports:
- McFarland’s Best Awards – Wes Licht, Leon Moore, and Janet Moore were honored as outstanding community volunteers.
Superintendents Report –
E. Recent District Photos and Events
A. Reality Zone – March 17, 2010
B. Pre-Expulsion Administrative Rule Update
C. 4K Update – A presentation was given at a recent PTO meeting, and all but one of the community providers will be attending the Preserving Early Childhood conference this month.
D. Important Dates
- Business Manager’s Report – Jeff Mahoney presented his monthly update from the Business Office. His report focused on an update regarding the insurance study committee’s progress. The committee hopes to provide a further update to the Board in May.
Public Comments – none.
Notation was made of the following personnel items:
Resignation: Mart Pearson, PC Network Technician
Position Transfer: Beth DiVita,
Upcoming Reports: April 19th - Asset and Resiliency Council – delayed to early May
Tentative Orchestra Report
May 3rd - Final Kindergarten Enrollment
Motion by Schutt, second by Siegmann to adjourn. Motion carried 5-0 and meeting adjourned 7:47 p.m.