McFarland School District News
5-17-10 School Board Minutes
Minutes of the School Board Meeting Held May 17, 2010
Meeting called to order by School Board President Arlyn Halvorson at 6:10 p.m. in the School Board Room, McFarland District Office
Present: Arlyn Halvorson, Don Schutt, Tom Allen, Craig Howery, and Kathy Siegmann.
Administrators Present: Scott Brown, Jeff Mahoney, Jim Hickey, Dave Witte, Sue Murphy, and Tom Mooney.
2010-11 Budget Review – Jeff Mahoney provided a 2010-11 budget review.
Motion by Schutt, second by Siegmann to approve the following consent agenda items:
- Minutes of the May 3, 2010 School Board Meeting
- Approval of General Fund Vouchers #148351 through #148654, #280957 through #281049, and Purchasing Card Transactions dated 3/21/10 through 4/20/10
- Professional Staffing Recommendations:
* Resignation: Ashley Brown, 1.0 FTE IMMS Special Education Teacher
Jodi Fisher, 1.0 FTE to 0.50 FTE IMMS Special Education Teacher
* Position Transfer: Missy Burke, 1.0 FTE
* Overloads: Brian Coleman, 0.167 overload IMMS 8th Grade Science Teacher
Brett Jondle, 0.167 overload IMMS 7th Grade Social Studies Teacher
Jared Redders, 0.167 overload IMMS 7th Grade Science Teacher
Becky Stokes, 0.167 overload IMMS 7th Grade Health Teacher
Nancy Sutherland, 0.167 overload IMMS 8th Grade Social Studies Teacher
* New Hires: Cindy Brady, Carl Perkins Grant
Jodi Fisher, 0.50 FTE IMMS Student Intervention/At-Risk Support Teacher
Arlene Welcher, Project Lead the Way, Carl Perkins Grant
- Co-Curricular Staffing Recommendations:
* New Hires: Camillo Castelnuovo, 5.0% MHS Assistant Volleyball Coach
- Extended contracts for the 2009-10 budget year
Motion carried 5-0.
Student Council Report – Alyse Weber provided a report on current events in the high school.
School Board Reports:
- Human Growth & Development Report – Scott Brown provided an update on Human Growth and Development related to changes within WI State Statute 118.019.
- Business Manager’s Report – Jeff Mahoney presented his monthly report which focused on a kindergarten open enrollment update.
Public Comments – none.
Superintendent’s Report –
A. Race to the Top Update
B. AVID Update – June report and vote
C. Leadership Structure Update
D. Important Dates
E. Recent District Photos and Events
Motion by Schutt, second by Howery to approve action on 2010-11 Elementary Campus,
Motion carried 5-0
Notation was made of the following personnel items:
Resignation: Anthony DiPrizio, MHS Study Hall Monitor
Upcoming Reports: June 7th - Gifted & Talented Update
Asset & Resiliency Council Report
Strategic Priority Update
Motion by Schutt, second by Siegmann to adjourn. Motion carried 5-0 and meeting adjourned at 7:51 p.m.