McFarland School District News
7-21-08 School Board Minutes
Minutes of the School Board Meeting Held July 21, 2008
Meeting called to order by School Board President Arlyn Halvorson at 7:00 p.m. in the School Board Room, McFarland District Office
Present: Arlyn Halvorson, Jim Moeser, and Don Schutt
Absent: Tom Allen and Kathy Siegmann
Administrators Present: Jeff Mahoney and Roberta Felker.
Jim Moeser was appointed as acting clerk by President Arlyn Halvorson.
Motion by Schutt, second by Moeser to approve the following consent agenda items:
- Minutes of the June 25, 2008 School Board Retreat and June 30, 2008 School Board Special Meeting
- Approval of General Fund Vouchers #139255 through #139811
- Professional Staffing Recommendations:
* New Hires: Heidi Meyer, 0.667 FTE IMMS 7th Grade Language Arts Teacher
* Resignation: Margaret Huebbe, 1.0 FTE IMMS Speech & Language Pathologist
- Co-Curricular Staffing Recommendations:
* New Hires: Rachel Burnett, 6.5% FTE MHS Newspaper Advisor
Anthony DiPrizio, 5.0% FTE MHS Assistant Girls Soccer Coach
Jackie Forsterling, 7.0% FTE MHS Assistant Girls Basketball Coach
Gaelen Fraboni, 5.0% FTE MHS Assistant Boys Soccer Coach
Jeanne Hockett, 5.0% FTE MHS Assistant Girls Tennis Coach
Craig Howery, 5.0% FTE MHS Assistant Girls Golf Coach
Craig Howery, 5.0% FTE MHS Assistant Boys Golf Coach
Jeff Kunkle, 5.5% FTE MHS Assistant Baseball Coach
David Laux, 1.8% FTE MHS 60% JV Hockey Assistant Coach
Katrina Lemens, 4.0% FTE IMMS Speech & Drama Assistant Director
Mark Miner, 5.0% FTE MHS Assistant Girls Tennis Coach
Mark Miner, 5.0% FTE MHS Assistant Boys Tennis Coach
Al Northouse, 7.0% FTE MHS Assistant Girls Basketball Coach
Melissa Pfohl, 7.0% FTE MHS Head Girls Golf Coach
* Resignation: Becky Stokes, 7.0% FTE MHS Assistant Girls Basketball Coach-
Motion carried 3-0.
Superintendents Report –
A. Madison Community Foundation Grant – Roberta Felker
B. Important Dates
Public Comments – none.
School Board Reports:
- Business Manager’s Report – Jeff Mahoney presented an overview of the district’s cash flow year from July 2008 and projected through June 2009.
Motion by Schutt, second by Moeser to approve action on the tax & revenue anticipation borrowing by district.
Motion carried 3-0
Motion by Schutt, second by Moeser to approve resolution and action on the 2008-09 66:0301 Global Academy Agreement.
Motion carried 3-0
Upcoming Reports: August 4th – Tentative
September 15th – Summer School Report
October 6th – School Improvement Teams EC-2/WIS
Motion by Schutt, second by Moeser to adjourn. Motion carried 3-0 and meeting adjourned at 7:58 p.m.
Acting District Clerk