McFarland School District News
2-16-09 School Board Minutes
Minutes of the School Board Meeting Held February 16, 2009
Meeting called to order by School Board President Arlyn Halvorson at 7:03 p.m in the School Board Room, McFarland District Office
Present: Arlyn Halvorson, Jim Moeser, Tom Allen, Don Schutt, and Kathy Siegmann at 7:04 p.m.
Administrators Present: Scott Brown, Jeff Mahoney, Roberta Felker, Penny Simmons, Jim Hickey, Dave Witte, Sue
Murphy, and Tom Mooney.
Motion by Schutt, second by Moeser to approve the following consent agenda items:
- Minutes of the February 2, 2009 School Board Meeting and February 4, 2009 School Board Special Meeting
- Approval of General Fund Vouchers #142667 through #142885
- Professional Staffing Recommendations:
* Retirements: Kevin Krinke, 1.0 FTE MHS Technology Education Teacher
Robert Olson, 1.0 FTE
JoAnn Sornson-Marsden, 1.0 FTE CEELC Kindergarten Teacher
Lois Thuemmler, 1.0 FTE MHS Marketing Education Teacher
* New Hires: Abbey Bollig, 1.0 FTE MPS Limited Term 2nd Grade Teacher
Mary Jo Lessor,
Matt Levin, 0.333 FTE 3rd Quarter IMMS Limited Term E-Gen Teacher
Karen MacDonald, 0.16 FTE CEELC/0.34 FTE MPS Long Term Substitute
Jason Pickett, IMMS Limited Term 8th Grade Math Teacher
* Increase of Hours: Cindy Weber, 2 hrs/week to 4 hrs/week CEELC Computer Support Casual Teacher
- Co-Curricular Staffing Recommendations:
* Resignations: Cindy Clark, 3.5% IMMS Forensics
Mark Matthews, 10.5% Head Hockey Coach
Gene Tempel, 6.0% Assistant Hockey Coach
Brian Bruno, 1.8% JV Hockey Coach
Dave Laux, 1.8% JV Hockey Coach
* New Hires: Amy Gallagher, 3.5% IMMS Forensics
Ted Mosso, 20% of 10.5% - 20% Head Hockey Coach
Jared Redders, 20% of 1.8% - 20% JV Hockey Coach
Todd Kroneman, 20% of 6.0% - 20% Assistant Hockey Coach
Motion carried 5-0.
Student Council Report – Audra Cohen and Andrew Hovel reported on recent Student Council and school events.
Superintendents Report –
B. Proposed 4K study – next steps
C. Valentine Gala update
D. School Breakfast Week proclamation
E. Important Dates
F. Recent District Photos & Events
Public Comments – none.
School Board Reports:
- New Teacher Induction/Dane
- Business Manager’s Report – Jeff Mahoney discussed the 2009 audit contract renewal and provided a 2009-10 open enrollment update.
Motion by Schutt, second by Moeser to approve action on the 2009 audit contract with Reilly, Penner, and Benton LLP.
Motion carried 5-0
Notation was made of the following personnel items:
New Hires: Veronica Gunderson, 4 hrs/day MPS Food Service Worker
DeLynn Sjodin, Student Services Substitute Clerical Assistant
Upcoming Reports: March 2nd - MATC President Bettsey Barhorst
School to Career/BEP
March 16th - Senator Mark Miller & Representative Joe Parisi
Instructional Technology & Technical Services
Motion by Schutt, second by Siegmann to adjourn. Motion carried 5-0 and meeting adjourned at 8:36 p.m.